Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing #15 - What in the world is a Wiki?

I've always wanted to know what in the heck is a Wiki? Now I know! Wiki stands for "quick", and I just thought it was short for Wikipedia. I have come to the knowledge or awareness that wiki's are collaborative websites that allow students and/or teachers to author their ideas, concepts, opinions, or educational materials, information, projects and assignments simply by adding, editing, or deleting information on a wiki website. A wiki allows for coordinating information and it is a sharing tool which allows people to build information together. In other words it is a content management system between two or more people.

I also went to the MISD 23 Things Sandbox Wiki and pasted this same blog on to that site under Blogs, Avatars, and Comments.

No comments: