Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #12 - Google, more than a web search engine

The most applicable google tool for me is Google Calendar. As a matter of fact I have already created a July Calendar for my players for Open Gym nights on Mondays and Thursdays, 6pm - 8pm, throughout the month of July. It is really handy how you can create a calendar based on what day it is, weekly or monthly. You can simply highlight one particular day and type in an hourly schedule for that particular day. If you need to, you can set up a weekly calendar Sunday - Saturday and plan out your entire week, on an hourly basis. You also have the opton of using a monthly format and you can type in times and event schedules that will take place on certain days during a selected month. Like I said I have already used th monthly format to set up a July Calendar fo my players.

This is pretty much takes the placed of a hard copy daily planner notebook, much more convenient, organized, and very user friendly. I have found all options very easy to use. Coaches are always putting together itineraries and calendars of events and this will help me stay more organized on a weekly and monthly basis. I also really like the event reminders you can receive by email, popup windows, or even text messages to your cell phone. That is a very unique option!

Next I set up a Google alert account via email msging on a daily basis for any news relating to the Dallas Cowboys. I was 8 years old in 1960 when the Dallas Cowboys were an NFL expansion franchise and came to Dallas. They are 48 years old now and I am a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, so I love following them, even in the off-season. However, they will be going to their pre-seaason camp at the end of July and this Google alert will help keep me posted on any current day-to-day news involving The 'Boys!

No comments: